Monday, August 01, 2005

mayliragae....!

"uyirai thodarndhu varum
neethanae meyyezhuthu
naan podum kayezhuthu, anbe!"


With the above song in my ears and a cup of coffee, rains lashing outside, rahman's tabla soothes and I cant stop humming this song. It really amazes when I think about the extent to which Rahman is ready to experiment in his works. Particularly this song has different sounds and is a treat. The tabla just stirrs you and the thaalam takes you somewhere. The tabla is marched with excellent strings. It kept reminding me about "narumugaiye.." from iruvar though the sounds are completely different in both the songs. I feel S.Janaki would have been great in this song.

I wonder how Surya is going to picturise this melody. "Varaaga nathikaraiyoram" from Sangamam was an example for spoiling a great song with the visualization.

In his latest interview with Vikatan A R Rahman says that he thinks that he is born everyday and explains that is the essential thing that is needed by an artist. When I think about Rahman, I always remember our batting Maestro, Sachin Tendulkar. Even though its not fair to compare these two guys, I was just thinking about their similarities. Its their resemblance to lot of things that has kept them on the top, I guess. Both are soft spoken guys very humble, ready to shrink into their own world and answering with their work instead of words. Both have not forgotten the difficult ways they have come. Both pounce back with more power and quality when they get criticised. And they are still the best in their respective fields.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]