Monday, August 22, 2005

The Madras Day!








And today is Madras Day. I read a number of interesting posts on the Madras Day. And here are my 2 cents.

I have written this already but still writing again because I just love Chennai. Even with its crowd, noise, heat etc., Chennai is still my favourite. I was just thinking what has attracted me towards Chennai. And I am clueless. Apart from the fact that I was born Chennai I have lived in Chennai for a very short span of 3 years. And this photographs of Chennai reminds me of a completely different city. I just cant imagine Chennai the way they are in these pictures. Chennai seems so distant in these pictures.

I remember my mom telling me about Moore market shortly after it was destroyed by fire. Every time we used to cross that place she used to tell me that. All my childhood trips to Chennai were short termed for the holidays and still stays etched in my memories. I would get fascinated when I was a kid when we used to plan for a trip to Chennai to my aunts house. I still get the same thing when I am making a trip to Chennai.


Picture Courtesy The Madras Day

And to add to my argument, Chennai is the least polluted city in India. Read here.

Update : Came across this excellent post by Vatsan. His post has much more details and more pictures of Chennai.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]